bug

Hi, I have discovered a bug in the new debian etch,but
I don't know exactly the package generating this
bug.The bug is related to the mtu vale setup.After
installation etch sets the mtu value to 576,I have an
ethernet so the correct value should be 1500 bytes not
576, with 576 bytes I have a 10 KB/s bandwidth loss.Ok
the value can be  set correctly manually after, but
they are users that have no clue about mtu or other
networking stuff  . . .
I observed that in the installation process the mtu is
recognized correctly (1500) , but after the install
process is finished the mtu value changes to 576 and
remains so
(Debian is the best!!)
Cheers
    Zsolt