Re: Updated Sid today, xorg cannot find "nvidia" driver

On Apr 21, 12:20 pm, "Curt Howland" <Howl...@Priss.com> wrote:
> So this morning I made certain that apt wouldn't remove anything this
> time, and everything looked fine. It seemed that Sid had gotten over
> the initial "OHMYGOD" that happens after a stable is released.
>
> There were lots of KDE updates again, so I closed X and did the update
> from the console.
>
> Xorg won't come up, the xorg.log says "nvidia module not found". I
> checked, and the nvidia kernel driver had not been removed. So I
> reinstalled it, still no luck.
>
> So I tried changing xorg.conf to point to the "nv" driver. Again, "nv
> module not found".

Curt,

I am no expert, but I had a similar message a few months ago after a
routine Etch update. I followed these instructions, and all was
repaired:

http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=10812

The error message I got was "FATAL module Nvidia not found."

Also good instructions at:

http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers

HTH,

bs