Re: Exim4 EHLO/STARTTLS/AUTH and buggy client

On Sat, 2007-04-21 at 09:01 -0700, Mark wrote:
> Hi --
>
> Just trying Exim, coming from a long time of Sendmail. Curious how
> this might be handled, if it can be. I realize this is a buggy mail
> client problem, but such is the way of the things.
>
> Synopsis: Buggy client wants to relay a message via Exim server to a
> foreign domain, authenticating to Exim with TLS/PLAIN

To be honest, this is an exact kind of message for the Exim Mailing
list... only *DO NOT* tell them you are using DEBIAN. You will be shot
on sight.

There is an alioth message list for Debian specific issues. Mark Haber
and Andreas Metzler do a fine job on it.

REMEMEBER, when using the EXIM mailing list... the WORD *DEBIAN* is a
swear word. They don't like the "modular approach" and think it is a
horrible thing. Hence you will be SHOT on sight.

Ask a "how would I cause exim to accept this buggy client?"

This message as done might just do.

Though, they might ask for logs to see what is going on to get around
it.

If you submit logs, replace any "Debian" reference with something
else... anything else.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup