Re: Fullscreen on dual monitors

Bob <spam@Mmm, Wrote:

>Mmm do we think this is a hardware problem, or a software bug? It doesn't
>happen to you when you play a video? What resolutions are you
>using? I notice it's less pronounced with lower resolutions and
>frequencies? It doesn't happen to me with just a blank white screen,
>only with video or animated websites and it's not ideal.

I just switched from a Nvidia agp 6600 gt card that showed the same
problems as listed in this thread, as well as your links and it
shimmered. The new card is an ATI x1950 pro shows the same problem,
regardless of the hardware, I even did a PSU upgrade as well, which did
not have any problems. Now I have two 19 inch crts, the newer of the two
is the one that shimmers.

How I deal with it is by not maximizing the windows, I also see that some
webpages shimmer, and some don't regardless of color. Now it is possible
that I have a duff monitor as a year ago I thought I smelled a burning
smell coming from the newer of the two monitors.  Maybe this is a
capacitor problem, I also noticed that I can not gain maximum refresh
rates on that monitor, for example factory says I can get 85, but now I
can only go to 80 on some settings.  So this very well could be a monitor
hardware problem.

Gnu_Raiz