Non-debian debian media?

I downloaded and successfully installed Etch from 3 DVDs. After install I
added bunch of packages. After modifying my sources.list to net sources
and deleting cd instances from it, later I changed my mind and wanted to
add DVDs again. But now apt-cdrom add command finds no indexes and rises
the question if that are debian media.
Tried with gnome, synaptic, aptitude with no luck. Since media seemed OK
during installation I didn't check md5 sum. However, I can read from media
and install manually packages via dpkg. Is apt-cdrom broken?

--
Mirko Scurk