RE: How to switch from php4 to php5 when upgrading to etch?

Andrew, thank you so much. I never heard about the Debian 'alternatives'
system, but this is obviously what's meant to control this behavior.

>From the man page, this is the output for php:
cn2:/etc/php5/apache2# update-alternatives --display php
php - status is auto.
 link currently points to /usr/bin/php4
/usr/bin/php4 - priority 40
 slave php.1.gz: /usr/share/man/man1/php4.1.gz
Current `best' version is /usr/bin/php4.
cn2:/etc/php5/apache2#

Is it odd that php5 doesn't appear anywhere? I would have thought that
php5 would have been loaded in this system based on it's successful
installation.

Thanks, again. I'm not sure about the wisdom of changing abruptly from
php4 to 5, as you noted, but want to learn how to do it when the time
comes.

-Kevin