Re: Burn files > 4 GB to DVD

Hello,

John Jason Jordan wrote:
I got burned with this on Ubuntu Edgy, and now it appears I am still
stuck with it under Etch. K3b refuses to burn a file to DVD if the size
of the file exceeds 4 GB. From previous googling I know the problem is
in mkisofs. But I thought that there was a replacement for mkisofs
(growisofs?)

correct: you may use groisofs which is not realy a replacement of mkisofs

and that new distros should have eliminated this problem.
Evidently not. How can I burn large files to DVD?

You can consider larger DVD too: 8 GB DVD

hth,
Jerome

--
Jerome BENOIT