Re: Debian boxes not replying to multicast and broadcast pings

Jeff D:
> On Tue, 17 Apr 2007, Urs Thuermann wrote:
>
>> When I ping to the broacast address or the allhosts multicast address
>> I get replies from the embedded and the self-built sysem, but not from
>> the two Debian boxes:
-- snip
> if you want it to reply to broadcast pings:
> echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts

For completeness' sake: this setting can of course be made permanent in
/etc/sysctl.conf. There should even be a template in this file's default
state.

J.
--
I am no longer prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt.
[Agree]   [Disagree]