Re: XAMPP running on Debian Etch ??

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 08:27:37PM -0500, Randy Patterson wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I have used XAMPP for the backend of my PHP development on a Windoze system
> for some time. I am in the process of moving all my work over to Linux and
> have thought I would use XAMPP there as well but it's latest version only
> supports Linix 1.6. Has anyone tried using this on the latest stable Linux?

The 1.6 version is the version of XAMPP.  I found that just by going to
their website.  They do list Debian as one of the distros on which they
test.  However, all the software included in XAMPP is easily available
via aptitude on Debian.  I am not sure what XAMPP's security support is
like, but unless you have a really good reason (like you must duplicate
your other configuration as closely as possible), you ought to just use
the Debian packages.

Regards,

-Roberto

--