Re: problems to install postfix 2.3.8-2+b1 on etch

ok, i found my problem. A line in my ld.so.conf shows to old libs.
Postfix linked against these libs and so it was not able to come up.

thx for help
chris

2007/4/16, Florian Kulzer <florian.kulzer@icfo.es>:
On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 16:58:47 -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 10:52:55PM +0200, Christian Meissner wrote:
> > 2007/4/16, Florian Kulzer:
> >
> > >Where does the postfix 2.3.8-2+b1 package come from? The version in Etch
> > >is 2.3.8-2, isn't it? I would try to install that version.
> >
> > no, the i386 package has the version number like above.
> >
> > see here http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/postfix/
> >
> The +b1 means that a binary NMU (non-maintainer upload) was performed.
> That essentially means that the package was rebuilt without any
> accompanying source change.  This is done when a library transition
> happens and the package only needs to be recompiled to get the new
> library.

Thanks, I did not know about this convention and I did not think of
running apt-cache policy inside my i386 chroot.

So, coming back to the original problem: Maybe you can find out why the
post-installation script fails. You can simply edit the script
/var/lib/dpkg/info/postfix.postinst and insert

set -x

as the second line.

Then you can run "dpkg-reconfigure postfix" again and the script will
echo every executed command to STDOUT. Maybe that will give you a clue
where and why it hangs.

--
Regards,     | http://users.icfo.es/Florian.Kulzer
   Florian   |