Re: Fetchmail Problems

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 04:39:30PM -0700, Jeff D wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, Michael Pobega wrote:

> >>fetchmail grabs the mail from POP and passes it to your MTA on
> >>localhost using the loopback device (i think that's how it works) and
> >>your MTA isn't answering on port 25.

> >>? I'm not sure what you mean here, but it looks to me like smtp is NOT
> >>working on lo interface. Can you telnet port 25 and ge tit to respond?

> >Nope, even after setting lo (I had it commented out) it doesn't seem to
> >want to respond. I'm using getmail for now, but I can't figure out how
> >to get it to play nicely with procmail (I'm guessing this is another lo
> >problem?)
> >

> I've got getmail/procmail running, here is what I have in my getmailrc
> file that deals with procmail:
>
> [destination]
> type = MDA_external
> path = /usr/bin/procmail
> arguments = ("-f", "%(sender)", "-m", "/home/jeffd/.procmailrc")
> user = jeffd
>
> works like a charm

The only problem for me is that my loopback device doesn't seem to be
working at all. My /etc/network/interfaces is:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth1
mapping eth1
	script /etc/network/autofind
	map 1UC68 home

iface home inet dhcp
	wireless-essid 1UC68
	wireless-mode Open
	wireless-key 0FB3D18E79

I don't see anything wrong with it, but it doesn't seem to be working.
Apache2 is responding when I direct my browser to http://localhost
though...Doesn't Apache2 use loopback as well?