Re: Need ftp client

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 02:55:20PM EDT, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 04/16/07 09:31, Dennis G. Wicks wrote:
> > Does anyone know of an ftp client for Debian or linux
> > similar to the windows pkgs cute-ftp or FileZilla?
> >
> > These are GUI packages that have stored profiles,
> > socks & proxy capabilities, and other handy features.
> >
> > I have been working on making FileZilla work with wine
> > but it is turning out to be far from trivial!
>
> If God had meant us to use gooey FTP clients, he'd have made our
> fingers out of nacho cheese sauce!!

Nicely put.

Must be fun to "drag" .. and er.. "drop" three hundred files that all
start with "cga" .. or whatever .. rather than use a plain old simple
command whose syntax supports wildcards.

This icon-based mouse-driven stuff looks more and more like the simple
dialects used to evaluate the learning capabilities of chimpanzees.

Thanks,
cga