Re: Need ftp client

cga2000 wrote:

>> If God had meant us to use gooey FTP clients, he'd have made our
>> fingers out of nacho cheese sauce!!
>
> Nicely put.

Definitely not. GUI has its advantages, cli has its core competencies. Both
of them should be seen as complementing each other rather than excluding
each other.

> Must be fun to "drag" .. and er.. "drop" three hundred files that all
> start with "cga" .. or whatever .. rather than use a plain old simple
> command whose syntax supports wildcards.

Sometimes it is not just for fun. If you are tranferring just 2 or 3 files,
the possibility of doing "mistakes" with GUI is a lot less than using cli.

Besides if you are like me and have 20-30 character long file names, which
take atleast 8 tab strokes to complete the filename even while employing
wildcards, GUI is definitely the way to go (all that involved is just a
left mouse click).

I do use command line whenever I think it gets the job done efficiently.
However I am not averse to using GUI if it gets the job done efficiently.
Efficiency is what matters, not how you get the job done. YMMV.

hth
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi