Re: Further problems with OOo

andy wrote:

> My wife, using Etch, was writing a long document in OOo, went to go and
> save it as *.doc (for transport to work) and the document crashed. Now
> everything except the very earliest save is gone! She is *not* impressed
> (so much for my Linux advocacy!).
> How can I recover the document - the auto-recovery of OOo only retrieved
> the earlier stuff, but all changes she has made over the last few hours
> are gone.
>
> Any guides on how I can rescue and resuscitate the document as close to
> when it crashed as possible and save my wife's emotional sanity?
>
> A BIG thanks

Out of interest, how long (in characters) was the document?

I have a 73,763 character document (13,318 words) and in .odt format it has
not had a problem. I *have* had problems with docs containing different
versions in .sxw format, though. I decided not to bother doing that again.

As I was writing this, I saved it as a .doc file and no problems in OO 2.04
--
If you wrestle in the mud with a pig.
you both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

-- Dave Dawson