Re: Restrict server access

Raquel wrote:
On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:26:43 +1000
Will Parkinson <wil@businessleader.com.au> wrote:

The reason i ask is that recently a server that i was working on
was  sending spam emails for some other company that i've never
even heard  of.  I'm just looking at ways to avoid this from
happening in the  future. As i am new to server security, i'm
looking for a way to block  non Australian ips while i figure out
how this company came to be  sending emails from our server.

Cheers

Will

I don't suppose that was a Windows server that was sending out spam?

No it was our sever that was sending the spam, so there must of been a script placed on our server by someone else (ie we were hacked or something)