Re: Etch NetInst Thinkpad 600

Matthew K Poer wrote:
On my old Thinkpad 600, I am attempting to install Etch via NetInst CD.
I am having trouble with pcmcia detection, which means I cannot properly
detect my network hardware.

The main modules seem to load (pcmcia-core, pcmcia, yenta_socket), as
well as the module for my wireless card (bcm43xx), yet "lcpcia" does not
show my wireless card.

What kind of Broadcom wireless card do you have? Most of the PCMCIA form factor bcm43xx cards are in fact CardBus cards, in which case they would show up via lspci, as they are regular PCI devices to the system.

16-bit true PCMCIA Broadcom WLAN cards exist, however: a) they are generally in the CompactFlash form factor, and b) they are not supported by the bcm43xx driver in the mainline kernel.

The 'dmesg' output from the bcm43xx driver would be most helpful in diagnosing your exact failure.

Andrew