Re: Daily Updates

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 23:05:08 -0400
Greg Folkert <greg@gregfolkert.net> wrote:

> "Lenny/Sid", it used to say "Etch/Sid" until about November of 2006. I
> am sure it will say Lenny/Sid until a few weeks until the (set, but not
> met) release of Lenny.

But what's the rationale behind that? I mean, at any one time, the
release is either Etch, or Lenny, or whatever comes next. Unless
someone has mixed sources (testing and unstable, like knoppix, mepis,
or other derived distros), it should be either etch, or lenny or
whatever. It shouldn't be Lenny/Sid. That implies mixed sources, and
it's a potential (and real) source of confusion.

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.