Re: Setting monitor resolution using gnome preferences

On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 10:03:21PM -0500, Charles Blair wrote:
>    My monitor is supposed to have an optimal resolution of
> 1080 by 1240 (or something like that).
>
>    I have installed the testing distribution with the default
> gnome interface.  I have tried clicking on "Preferences" and
> "monitor resolution", which brings up what looks like a suitable
> screen.  However, I can't get any choice other 480 by 640.
> Clicking on the up and down arrows to the right of the number doesn't
> do anything.  I can make the number highlight in blue, but can't
> over-write it.

IIUC, gnome lets you choose from among the resolutions that Xorg knows
about; a GUI to the Ctrl-Alt-KP+

But if Xorg only knows about 480x640 that's all the choice you'll have.
Try reconfiguring Xorg.conf to get more choices.  Sorry, I don't know of
a GUI for that.

Doug.