problem: klineakconfig and xosd

Dear Debian Users

I'm having a slight problem with klineakconfig and xosd. I've been
able to create my own custom keyboard layout for my Dell Inspiron
9300, and all the commands/plugins work perfectly. But there is one
little problem, xosd isn't being used. So the information that is
supposed to show up on screen just isn't there. From what I can see,
all the dependent files are installed:

una:~# dpkg -l | egrep 'lineak|xosd'
ii  klineakconfig                     0.9-4
KDE configurator for lineakd
ii  liblineak-0.9-0                   0.9-3
LinEAK development files
ii  libxosd2                          2.2.14-1.3
X On-Screen Display library - runtime
ii  lineak-defaultplugin              0.9-4
LinEAK default plugin
ii  lineak-kdeplugins                 0.9-4
LinEAK KDE plugins
ii  lineak-xosdplugin                 0.9-4
LinEAK On-Screen Display plugin
ii  lineakd                           0.9-3
Linux support for Easy Access and Internet K
ii  xosd-bin                          2.2.14-1.3
X On-Screen Display library - binary files

A small test to see if xosd is indeed working has also been done:

tolecnal@luna:~$ echo "Hello there" | osd_cat -p top -A center

Which in turn echoes the text at the top of the screen, aligned to the
center of the screen. I have absolutely no clue as to what might be
wrong. Any ideas or pointers? Your help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

--
Yours sincerely Jostein Elvaker Haande
A free society is a place where it is safe to be unpopular

http://tolecnal.net -- tolecnal at tolecnal dot net