Re: Help! Strange FF/Iceweasel problem

On Sat, 2007-04-14 at 15:44 +0200, Joe Hart wrote:

> Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
> > Wayne Topa wrote:
> >
> >> Think about what you would lose _if_ you delete .mozilla.  Bookmarks
> >> and passwords come to mind.  Ask me how I know that.
> >
> > I stopped relying on browser's bookmarks. That is because they are not
> > available if I shift to another browser, another machine or another os.
> > These days, I am using google's toolbar and using their bookmarks
> > facilities provided by www.google.com/bookmarks
> >
> > just my 2 cents
> > raju
> >

> Very handy tip.  I use many different machines and could definitely use
> a web service like that.  Thanks for the info.  Shame on me for not
> finding that myself.

There are at least a dozen different social bookmarking services out
there.  Like Kamaraju, I prefer Google's implementation because it's
simple and integrates well with my search history.  But I also use
del.icio.us sometimes, mainly because it has achieved "critical mass"
and thus can be an excellent place to find relevant links, even better
than searching Google for some topics.  If you're a Firefox user,
del.icio.us has pretty good extensions too.  But I mostly use a simple
bookmarklet, because I mostly don't use Firefox/Iceweasel anymore.

Have a look around, you might find something you like better than
GBookmarks.

As for the privacy concerns, I have pretty much put my faith in Google.
Google knows all about me.  Google is Borg.  I have been assimilated.

--
Michael M. ++ Portland, OR ++ USA
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions