Re: Soundcard issues

> Did you look at alsa-project web sites? Search specific tips for your
> card there, isapnp sound card require isapnp tools/packages to deal
> with. Have a look.
>
> cheers
> raffaele

I only see outdated stuff there, but thanks.  Besides, the sound card
works fine, alsa works fine, I just have to repeat the alsaconf steps
EACH reboot.  Update-modules after doing this didn't help either.
Nothing gets loaded at boot:

~$ grep -i alsa /var/log/boot
Sat Apr 14 11:15:50 2007: ^[[9;30]^[[14;30]Setting up ALSA...done (none
loaded).

Very, very frustrating.  And when this is done, then I get to tackle
making esd (esound) work with alsa for mixing.

You can tell I'm really ready to get past this etch upgrade.

I would suggest a kernel recompile without using module, just compile alsa and only your specific sound card related module in the kernel. This could be enough.

Regards,
Ralph

raffaele