Re: how to scp from one box to another with no root ssh?

Greg Folkert wrote:

> I do it all the time... as root on the "target" machine and as myself on
> the "source" machine.
>
> Most configuration are readable by regular users.

Greg,

The OP's question is a bit deeper than that. There are some files which are
not readable by anyone other than root. For example, /var/log/messages
which is readable only by root. The question is how to copy those things as
well. (The above file is a bad example, since in this particular case you
can add the user to the 'adm' group and read the file. But you get the
general idea).

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi