Re: Off Topic - Open source flash support - now getting rid of ads

A. F. Cano wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 10:49:01PM +0200, Joe Hart wrote:
>> Oh wait, did Flash do that?
>>
>> I have to say I find the web a much better place without it.  Much of
>> the annoying advertising disappears if you remove flash.  OK, you miss
>
> The proper way to do this is by having privoxy between your browser and
> the internet.  I've been running it for years and couldn't live without
> it.

If you are using iceweasel, there are nice extension called Adblock plus,
Adblock plus: Element hiding helper. Once you install these extensions, you
can right click on the ads and block them. Very easy to use than privoxy.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/