Re: Need DTP to replace PageMaker

On 04/13/07 17:00, Dennis G. Wicks wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:

>> That page is out-of-date, at least as far as Sid is concerned.
>
> Well, I installed everything using the instructions on that page and
> several things were upgraded to a higher version. No difference! Same
> error, same time, same place.

$ scribus --version

Scribus, Open Source Desktop Publishing
- ---------------------------------------
Homepage:       http://www.scribus.net
Documentation:  http://docs.scribus.net
Wiki:           http://wiki.scribus.net
Issues:         http://bugs.scribus.net

Scribus Version 1.3.3.9cvs

$ scribus --help

Scribus, Open Source Desktop Publishing
- ---------------------------------------
Homepage:       http://www.scribus.net
Documentation:  http://docs.scribus.net
Wiki:           http://wiki.scribus.net
Issues:         http://bugs.scribus.net

Usage: scribus [option ... ] [file]
   -h, --help             Print help (this message) and exit
   -l, --lang             Uses xx as shortcut for a language, eg
`en' or `de'
  -la, --langs-available  List the currently installed interface
languages
  -fi, --font-info        Show information on the console when fonts
are being loaded
  -ns, --no-splash        Do not show the splashscreen on startup
   -v, --version          Output version information and exit
  -sb, --swap-buttons     Use right to left dialog button ordering
(eg. Cancel/No/Yes instead of Yes/No/Cancel)
  -pr, --prefs filename   Use filename as path for user given
preferences

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA