Re: Personal Rant, missing linux-kbuild-2.6.20

On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 15:17 -0400, Curt Howland wrote:
> It's so nice that kernel 2.6.20 has made it into Sid. It works very
> well.
>
> However, linux-kbuild-2.6.20 does not exist. So I cannot compile the
> custom kernel modules nvidia and madwifi to make a working system.

It's in the NEW queue at the moment, see
http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

> Which makes me wonder, since that package isn't in experimental
> either, how do the kernel maintainers build anything without a kbuild
> package?

The maintainers have it of course, after all, they are the ones who
build it in the first place and upload it.

I guess the debian dir of the package in question is available from the
kernel maintainers svn repo if you want to build your own packages and
not wait for it to move out of NEW.
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/kernel (I think this is it?)

--
Cheers,