Re: Need DTP to replace PageMaker

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 11:30:27AM -0500, Dennis G. Wicks wrote:
> Kevin Mark wrote:

> >>Makes no difference. Both versions get a floating point exception
> >>at startup.
> >>
> >If you could provide the session showing the error message, we could
> >help more. I use 'script' to do this sometimes. Describing or
> >paraphrasing an error message is less helpful then actually seeing the
> >exact output.
> >-K
> >
> No big mystery there. "Session" follows
>
> wix@dgwicks:~$ uname -a
> Linux dgwicks 2.6.18-4-686 #1 SMP Mon Mar 26 17:17:36 UTC 2007 i686
> GNU/Linux
> wix@dgwicks:~$ scribus-ng --help
> Floating point exception
> wix@dgwicks:~$
I just googled 'scribus floating point exception' and found your bug
report in the scribus bts. My guess is that they know a bit more than us
about how to fix this issue. We will only ask the same question from you
(backtrace, ldd, etc.). It maybe a corupt dependency, so reinstalling
all those may fix it. That worked for me once.
'apt-cache depends scribus|grep Depends' will show this.

|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|