Is Boo compiler broken?

How can I use Boo language compiler? When I try to execute any of the examples, or even

print "Hello, world!"

it gives me the error message:

BCE0011: Boo.Lang.Compiler.CompilerError: An error occurred during the execution of the step '
Boo.Lang.Compiler.Steps.EmitAssembly': 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object'. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at System.Reflection.Emit.ModuleBuilder..ctor (System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder assb, System.String name, System.String fullyqname, Boolean emitSymbolInfo, Boolean transient) [0x00000]
at System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder.DefineDynamicModule (System.String name, System.String fileName, Boolean emitSymbolInfo, Boolean transient) [0x00000]
at System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder.DefineDynamicModule (System.String name, System.String fileName, Boolean emitSymbolInfo) [0x00000]
at Boo.Lang.Compiler.Steps.EmitAssembly.SetUpAssembly () [0x00000]
at Boo.Lang.Compiler.Steps.EmitAssembly.Run () [0x00000]
at Boo.Lang.Compiler.CompilerPipeline.RunStep (Boo.Lang.Compiler.CompilerContext context, ICompilerStep step) [0x00000] --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

This very diagnostics is all I get no matter what I try to run with either booi or booc.

Is the boo compiler/mono runtime usable at all in its current state? If yes, what am I doing wrong? I installed boo in my fresh etch with

aptitude install boo

Thanks in advance.