Re: (root) AUTH (crontab command not allowed)

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 09:30:38PM +0200, Kay Smarczewski wrote:

> > > Checksecurity also installed itself this way. But I wonder why all
> > > cron jobs work fine but this does not.
> >
> > Well, you never told us what that job is. Maybe you should post your
> > crontab here.
> my crontabs are empty. i have removed the crontab for my user account
> and the crontab for root with "crontab -r". so that is another problem:
> i do not really know where to search for the "bad" command because the
> error message is not very expressive. i seem it is the chkrootkit or the
> checksecurity script. but i do not know.
>
> how can i find out which file is the bad one?
ok, it seems the problem is gone. but i do not know why. i changed the
group of cron.allow to "crontab" and removed the root user from
cron.allow. but i do not see a connection between the error message and
the changes.

so thanks franck for your suggestion!

--
Kay Smarczewski