Re: Any good and high quality music player?

On 4/12/07, Sun. Botu <drivelsun@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,every body
My laptop's soundcard is AC 97 and when I play music in Ubuntu or Debian,the
quality is tooooo bad.
Any software or driver can solve?

Are you using the laptop speakers?  If not then forget about what I'm
writing, :)...  I never heard of a laptop speakers with good quality
sound.  Any ways, if you have the right card selected through
alsaconf, and if you have alsamixer available, find out with it if
you're using 3D or any other effects active (non plane stereo), and
disable them (mute them).  I noticed on a Dell 600M that when leaving
plane stereo, without weird effects, then the laptop speakers sound
gets better.  Of course not better than using external speakers, :).

As for a good players:

moc
mcdp

I used to play with xmms, but these 2 ncurses guys are really nice, at
least for me.

Have fun,

--
Javier