Re: what happen to : dpkg --check-md5sums ?

Björn Keil wrote:
Mathieu Malaterre schrieb:

On 4/11/07, Jeff D <fixedored@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to figure out what is the new command to verify that the
> md5sums files archived in my deb file (binary package) is actually
> correct.
>
> Thanks,
> -Mathieu

hmmm...  I am not quite sure if that's what you're looking for, but
md5sum may calculate the md5sum of any file or compare it directly
against a list.

shell> md5sum --check <filename> <list>

Where "list" is the name of a list as the output of 'md5sum -b' and
"filename" is the name of the file to be checked. You will need a sum to
compare with, course. They are in the Packages in the repository for the
up to date files there, but not in local caches.

Greetings
Björn

In each official archive here is a list of .deb md5sums at indices/md5sums.gz. Your method may work with this list.