Re: iceweasel/iceape/epiphany/galeon download manager problems (etch)

Michael Pobega <pobega@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 07:03:43PM +0200, Andreas Goesele wrote:

>> having moved from sarge to etch I now have a big problem with the
>> browsers in the subject line: Downloading a page is incredibly slow or
>> even makes the browsers hang:
>
> Try downloading a large package using wget, and see how fast it goes.

Very fast :-)

> This way we'll know if it's your connection or the Mozilla engine.

No, it's definitely Mozilla related.

> Have you tried it with Konqeuror yet?

Konqueror opens (visibly) my home directory for saving - that for the
first time takes some time, but for later saving it's much faster
than with Mozilla. Saving itself goes very fast. (Very slow for
Mozilla etc.)

Thanks!

Andreas Goesele

--
Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est.