Re: iceweasel/iceape/epiphany/galeon download manager problems (etch)

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 07:03:43PM +0200, Andreas Goesele wrote:
> having moved from sarge to etch I now have a big problem with the
> browsers in the subject line: Downloading a page is incredibly slow or
> even makes the browsers hang:
>
> In all case it takes a long time for the download manager to start and
> saving too is very slow. With firefox (iceweasel) I once experienced a
> freeze, galeon and epiphany freeze with every attempt to save.

This is one of serveral reasons that I gave up on the geko-based
browsers and went to Konqueror.  You can use it even if you don't use
KDE.

There _may_ be a solution but I just needed it to work, so I tried Konk
and haven't bothered to try to fix geko.

Doug.