Re: a Debian user's introduction to Redhat EL4?

Peter Teunissen wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I've got a great opportunity to promote opensource at my job by
> working on a BI project for Oxfam. But, I'm forced to use Redhat EL4
> and need to get up and running in a short time.

Well, that's life.

> I've been looking for
> a Debian user's introduction to Redhat EL4, but only found intro's in
> the other direction :-)

In Martin Krafft's "The Debian System" book I remember reading a table where
he gives different commands of apt-get and corresponding commands with Yum,
rpm, Gentoo's package manager. That might give you some starting points. I
think it is in the chapter where he discusses aptitude, upgrades etc., I
read this book something like 1 year back, so I could be totally wrong.

Sorry, I currently dont have this book with me, so cant give the page
numbers etc.,

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi