Re: Daily Updates

On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 07:14 +0100, andy wrote:
> So, for the benefit of this newbie:
>
> If I change my sources list to reflect "testing" rather than "etch",
> will my system just automagically continue to upgrade itself?

Yes. Just fine. There will be heartache from time to time, but it is
*TESTING* and not stable,

>  Will this system - as it upgrades to Lenny - remain stable enough for
> daily use?

Yes and no. Yes when it is working, no when it is not. But since there
are so many apps with duplicate functions, just use on of those for a
bit. You might discover something you didn;t know.

> What do others on this list do?

I roll along with Sid daily. Sure it breaks once in a while, but you
just go along and fix it. Or maybe the next day it auto-magically gets
fixed.

Personally, I've run Sid for ages. Even on most of my servers. Not all
of them... just most.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup