Re: Debian User List

Chris Bannister <mockingbird@ihug.co.nz>:
>  On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 01:45:13PM -0700, Tyler MacDonald wrote:
> > Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@fantomas.sk> wrote:
> > > Actually, I would prefer if [OT] messages would be kept [OOTL]
> > > (out of this list)
> >
> > I said this once before and got shot down, but here it is again:
> >
> > If this list is supposed to be for idle chit-chat among the debian
> > community, then we really have no mailing list specifically for people to
> > talk about debian, or get help about debian. We should have at least another
> > list, probably "debian-help".
>
>  Subscribing to debian-curiosa instead may be a better solution.

For him, no.  If he could get all the idle chit-chatters to take OT to
d-c, yes, that would be a solution for him.  Good luck with that.  I
think it's a good idea, but the implementation details are significant.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling          Linux Counter #80292
       Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html