Re: ipw3945 Etch amd64

On 4/11/07, Ananda Samaddar <a.k.samaddar@googlemail.com> wrote:
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 07:45:23 +0200
"Mark Panen" <mark.panen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I download ipw3945 and the kernel module for it.
>
> I "modprobe ipw3945" and lsmod shows it's there.
>
> But "/etc/init.d/ipw3945d start
> * Not starting ipw3945 regulatory daemon, driver not loaded."
>
> How can i get my wireless to work ?

I am successfully using ipw3945 on Etch AMD64 these are the packages I have installed:

firmware-ipw3945
ipw3945-modules-2.6-amd64
ipw3945-modules-2.6.18-4-amd64
ipw3945-modules-2.6.18-ananda2
ipw3945-source
ipw3945d

The package with my name in it is self-compiled for a custom kernel I compiled for my system.  With the above packages and network-manager-gnome I am able to connect to a WPA2 network.  If you also use GNOME you should be able to do the same as it works flawlessly for me.  The easiest way to get all the ipw3945 stuff is to start synaptic or aptitude (in interactive mode, i.e. type 'aptitude' and nothing else at the terminal) and do a search for ipw3945 if you install all the packages found it should work.

regards,

Ananda Samaddar

Thanks  i got it working, just to get eth0 and eth1 working at the
same time is a mission. If ethernet is configured then wireless will
not work and vice versa.