Re: OT: Thanks to the developers

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 06:30:13PM +0200, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> Many thanks to our release managers and all developers for spending the
> past 21 months preparing and releasing Etch!

> Debian's policy has never been to be the sexiest distribution around,
> and while media etc. like to hype any OS or distribution based on its
> 'sexiness', all Debian users know that stability, maintainability,
> etc. all work against 'sexiness', but ultimately are more important
> and are the key factors for Debian's long time success among its
> users.

Sort of like the difference between a super model and a super wife?
While not mutually exclusive, one has more enduring qualities than the
other.

> Keep debian simple, stable and universal; keep out of the hype! Stay
> firm on debian's design principles and the social contract; keep up the
> great work!

Yeah, like a good husband.

> Take my humble thanks for making my computers work great -- they
> wouldn't work as good and as smoothly without Debian!
>

> Debian GNU/Linux -- makes other OSes look crap.

I agree with the OP.  However, I have yet to upgrade my 486; I'll let
you know if that works, or if Linux has left my old box for newer
models. :)

Thanks all,

Doug.