Re: booting into fresh etch installation

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 20:37 +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:
> hda: lost interrupt
> hda: lost interrupt
> hda: lost interrupt
>
> At least the error message was easy enough to remember!
>
> I just ran netinst with the latest stable iso and all went well. Then while
> booting, I get this steady stream of error msgs.

This seems to be one of those hard to diagnose error messages. Google
gives lots of hits, but nothing really concrete. Make sure the disk and
the cable is okay. Checking SMART data for the drive might be a good
idea.

> Curiously, I installed this etch install over the top of a lenny install, the
> iso for which I'd downloaded by mistake. I reformatted the drives so lenny was
> completely wiped, but the lenny install worked fine and there were no hard disk
> problems.

Weird, I don't think there's any difference between the kernel of etch
and lenny at this point?

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson