booting into fresh etch installation

hda: lost interrupt

At least the error message was easy enough to remember!

I just ran netinst with the latest stable iso and all went well. Then while booting, I get this steady stream of error msgs.

I'm using a Asus laptop motherboard with 2 Fujitsu MHV2120BH 120Gb drives.

Curiously, I installed this etch install over the top of a lenny install, the iso for which I'd downloaded by mistake. I reformatted the drives so lenny was completely wiped, but the lenny install worked fine and there were no hard disk problems.

Does this have an obvious solution, or do I need to get some more info for anyone to be able to tell what the problem is?

Thanks
Adam