Re: How to use dead keys

On 4/11/07, Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se> wrote:
On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 23:50 -0500, Manon Metten wrote:
> I've tried various settings, but with no result.
> Although Dutch is my native language, I like US English to stay the
> default language on my system.
> I prefer eg. US 'Cancel' over NL 'Annuleren' or US 'File' over NL
> 'Bestand' etc.

Maybe you already know this, but you can use en_US.UTF-8 and your native
keyboard layout.

That's what I'm using, running en_GB.UTF-8 and XkbLayout se. Though I'm
considering switching keyboard layout to US, as it's more convenient
when programming.

Hi Sven,

Does this mean that you can use dead keys to produce accented chars?
Like ALT-f a = á, ALT=f e = é etc. or something similar.
What keys do you use to produce accented chars?

Manon.