Re: IBM x346

Ercan Gunes wrote:
> I had  a new ibm x346 intel xeon and I want to install debian on ibm server.

Had or have?  ;-)

> But there is a problem with scsi raid .  I created raid 1 from scsi bios.
> And I start to install new installation. when I came to creating disk , the
> raid 1 didn't seem to raid. The kernel see to sparate scsi disk drive. How
> can I salve this problem

What is your scsi raid driver exactly?

As said by Doug there are many fake raid controllers out there. Check out
http://linux-ata.org/faq-sata-raid.html
http://linux-ata.org/driver-status.html
to see, if your driver is supported by linux.

If not, don't panic! Just try software raid via Debian's installer. It
works great.

HTH,
Johannes