Re: IBM x346

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 04:51:01PM +0300, Ercan Gunes wrote:
> Hii all ;
>

> I had  a new ibm x346 intel xeon and I want to install debian on ibm server.
> But there is a problem with scsi raid .  I created raid 1 from scsi bios.
> And I start to install new installation. when I came to creating disk , the
> raid 1 didn't seem to raid. The kernel see to sparate scsi disk drive. How
> can I salve this problem

I've never seen an ibm x346 so pardon my ignorance, but a few thoughts:

1.	Is this true hardware raid or is it like so many other i386
	raids that are really fake-raid that merely set up the MS
	windows software raid?

2.	Have you read the installation manual (available from the debian
	web site?  Your problem would warrant an installation report;
	the people who answer those may know more specifics about your
	hardware.  Details on how to do this are in the manual.

3.	If this really isn't hardware raid, you can still use software
	raid and do the entire raid setup from within the installer.

Good luck.

Doug.