Re: Per-Application up/download limit in userspace

On Tuesday 10 April 2007 19:46, Jeff D wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, bgrpt@toplitzer.net wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Short: Is there an application to limit the amount of data
> > downloaded by an application like trickle does it for bandwidth?
> >

> Check out tc, it's part of the iproute package.

Is tc capable of limiting data transfer to 10GB? I only
found ways to limit bandwidth and not the amount of data transfered
on manpage and http://lartc.org/. Limiting bandwidth by 10GB/d/h/m/s
is also not the thing I want to do, because 4kb/s is not what
would be usefull. If I missed the point here help would be realy
appreciated.

It's not possible to change the used kernel either because I'm
using a virtual server where I can't replace the kernel.

Cheers
Helmut