Re: Per-Application up/download limit in userspace

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, bgrpt@toplitzer.net wrote:

Hi!

Short: Is there an application to limit the amount of data
downloaded by an application like trickle does it for bandwidth?

Long: I'm using one of these vserver providers which sets a
limit on the amount of data for up- and downloads.
I want provide some bandwidth to the Debian project and
use torrent to share the new etch cds. Is it possible to
stop the torrent after 10 GB upload? I cannot use in-kernel
traffic shaping, because this is not possible in the vserver.
Or is there another way to do this?

Helmut

Check out tc, it's part of the iproute package.

-+-
8 out of 10 Owners who Expressed a Preference said Their Cats Preferred Techno.