Re: MD5SUMS/SHA1SUMS files correct ?

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 01:43:35PM -0400, Freels, James D. wrote:
> Folks, I have downloaded the new dvd images from both the original
> source here:
>
> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r0/i386/iso-dvd/
>
> and a mirror here:
>
> http://debian.cites.uiuc.edu/pub/debian-cd/4.0_r0/i386/iso-dvd/
>
> and in both instances, the md5sums and sha1sums did NOT check OK.
>
> They appear to actually be good images, so I was just wondering if
> anyone else had the same problem.  I noticed the dates of the sums files
> appeared newer.
>
> Before I file a bug, can others verify this ?

I'm on slow dialup, so iso d/ls take days since I can only have the
phone for a few hours per day.  If I end up with an iso that is the
correct size but fails MD5, I use rsync with the -c , partial, and
inplace options.  This causes rsync to go through the iso file with the
server chunk by chunk and fix it.  It takes no time at all really just
to fix a slight glitch.  I would suggest that you try the same thing.

Doug.