Re: linux/config.h missing - can't build modules

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 15:56 -0400, Greg Folkert wrote:
> > Now I checked, in the kernel source of 2.6.18 as shipped with Etch/Sid,
> > config.h is in /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.18/include/linux/config.h
> > but in 2.6.21 there is no config.h in include/linux/
> >
> > How do I get around this?
>
> It is called being ahead of the game in general. When you are to far
> ahead of the game in Debian, you sometimes suffer badly. Many modules
> (including ones like the nvidia stuff, but for different reasons) don't
> compile well with m-a (or at all) with the current lay of the land in
> 2.6.2X kernels right now.
>
> VMware had this same config.h problem, until I used v5.5.3.
>
> The only fix right now, is a patch, which I don't think exists yet.

Greg, thanks.  I should have mentioned that *all* modules I try to
compile fail this way.  If it was one or two I would have put it down to
incompatibility with the new kernel, but in earlier rc versions of
2.6.21 (I think rc2) everything compiled quite fine.

Thanks anyways - guess I'll have to be patient.

Hans