Re: Booting an iso file

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 10:01 -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 03:58:36PM +0300, Salvatore Iovene wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 02:55:25PM +0200, Olive wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Does any one know if it is possible to convince lilo (or grub) to boot
> > > from a .iso file that I have on a partition. This would allow me to test
> > > live CD's without wasting a CD each time.
> >
> > I don't know about that, but you could try them in Qemu or similar.
>
> AOL. It works just fine.
>
> IIRC:
>
> qemu -cdrom live-cd.iso -boot d
>
> will boot a cdrom image

You know, I hate you. I could never get that to work properly. But the
first time I retry it now. (Of course installing kqemu and qemu stuff
proper, and fixing the udev crap and the module loading issues), it just
plain worked.

DSL, KNOPPIX and other LiveCDs and install CDs.

Maybe, just maybe... you show pretty good potential.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup