Dealing with "forcibly" installed packages

Hello,

the most recent etch upgrade broke the Opera web browser (I think
because of new X libs). Googled for a fix and found one, downloaded the
newest debs (v9.20) from opera.org.

Unfortunately at first the .deb wouldn't install due to an unsatisfied
dependency on libqt3c102-mt, which doesn't seem to be in etch. I
thought, fuck it, Opera didn't need that package yesterday so it won't
need it today and forced the installation of opera using dpkg's -f
option. All went fine and Opera works.

But.

Then I wanted to install stuff using aptitude, and upon hitting 'g',
aptitude dutifully informed me that opera was broken and insisted on its
removal. Is there a possibility to flag a package to apt as "it works,
so leave it alone and stop bitching"?

--D.