RE: etch upgrade problem

Seth Goodman wrote:

>> I think your problem is in this section, see below.
>>
>> > (EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/psaux
>> >         No such device.
>> > (EE) Configured Mouse: cannot open input device
>> > (EE) PreInit failed for input device "Configured Mouse" (II)
>> > UnloadModule: "mouse" (WW) No core pointer registered
>> > (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Generic Keyboard" (type:
>> >     KEYBOARD) xkb_keycodes             { include
>> >     "xfree86+aliases(qwerty)" }; xkb_types                { include
>> >     "complete" }; xkb_compatibility        { include "complete" };
>> >     xkb_symbols              { include "pc(pc105)+us" };
>> >     xkb_geometry             { include "pc(pc104)" };
>> > No core pointer
>> >
>> > Fatal server error:
>> > failed to initialize core devices
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> X cannot find your mouse. Try another device instead of /dev/psaux. I
>> have /dev/input/mice
>
> Same result.

Well, What kind of mouse do you have? Is it PS/2, USB mouse, wireless mouse
etc.,?

For starters, you can also use "AllowMouseOpenFail" option in your xorg.conf
and tell the machine to start X despite a failure due to mouse. More
details can be found in 'man xorg.conf'. After that you can configure the
mouse separately knowing that everything else is working.

hth
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi