Re: Aptitude Segmentation Fault

Masatran, R. Deepak wrote:

> An computer that I ran Debian Etch on had some faulty hardware. So, I
> moved the hard disk to a new computer. Now, Debian works, except that
> Aptitude gives a segmentation fault when I try to run it. How can I fix
> this?

Upgrade aptitude to the latest version on Etch. If the problem persists and
is reproducible, please file a bug against aptitude. In your bug report,
please copy paste the errors. Just saying "segmentation fault" is not
enough information. BTW, you can use reportbug package to file bugs.

hth
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi